BlueChoice Discount Dental Program
Note: The information below briefly describes important features about this health care program. It is not a contract.
Save between 20% - 40% on dental visits. CareFirst BlueChoice members now have access to a regional network of dentists (including specialists, where available) who provide discounts of between 20% and 40% on virtually all types of dental procedures, including routine office visits, x-rays, exams, fillings, root canals and even orthodontics.
The BlueChoice Discount Dental program is included at no additional charge as part of your CareFirst BlueChoice medical plan and is administered by The Dental Network, an independent licensee of the BlueCross and BlueShield Association.
- 20% - 40% on virtually all types of dental procedures, including routine office visits, x-rays, exams, fillings, root canals and even orthodontics.
- Easy to use - just show the BlueChoice ID Card when visiting any participating plan provider to receive dental services at discounted fees.
- There are no claim forms, no maximums, no exclusions for pre-existing conditions and no deductibles.
- Larger provider network with more than 700 Participation General Dentists and Specialist in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia.
- Know in advance what services cost by checking the Discounted Fee Schedule.
BlueChoice members need only show their BlueChoice identification card when visiting any participating plan provider to receive dental services at discounted fees.
Because the program is not insurance, there are no claim forms, no maximums, no exclusions for pre-existing conditions and no deductibles.
The BlueChoice Discount Dental program offers you access to more than 700 participating dentists and specialists* throughout Maryland, Washington, DC and northern Virginia. Locate a participating dental provider through the Find a Provider section of this website.
An online Discounted Fee Schedule offers a complete listing of all discounted dental procedures, along with associated fees. If you would prefer a paper copy, please call Member Services toll free at 888-833-8464.
If you still have questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
* A referral to a specialist is required from a participating general dentist.
For more information about this plan, contact our Member Services Department at the phone number on your member ID card.