Note: This information briefly describes important features about this health care program. It is not a contract. A detailed description of benefits is included in the Evidence of Coverage. Please refer to the Evidence of Coverage for specific terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.
Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)
Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) offers preventive and corrective dental care, including orthodontia coverage, at predictable costs. This DHMO plan is administered by The Dental Network, Inc. (TDN), an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
- Regional network of dental providers throughout Maryland, Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia
- Dental coverage includes:
- Preventive care including cleanings and X-rays
- Basic services including fillings and extractions
- Major surgical services including oral surgery and root canal therapy
- Major restorative services including dentures and fixed bridges and crowns
- Orthodontia coverage for children and adults
- Copays cover all in-network dental services
- Some plan designs include one copay for office visit for basic dental services such as exams, X-rays and simple extractions
- No claim forms to file when visiting a network dental provider
Additionally, employers may have chosen a plan that offers opt-out benefits.
1. Locate and select a primary care dentist by accessing the Find a Provider section of this website or calling Dental Member Services at 888-833-8464.
2. At the time of service, show your Dental HMO member ID card.
3. Pay the copay for services received.
4. The dentist will submit all the necessary forms.
For more information about this plan, contact our Member Services Department at the phone number on your member ID card.