Prescription Drug Search
Use our Drug Search tool to find out if your drug is covered, what tier or category it falls under and if any care management criteria apply. You can also view information specific to the CareFirst formulary (drug list).
Note: Current members should log in to My Account for drug pricing information.
How to Determine Which Drug List Applies to Me
Use the ACA Drug Search if:
- You are buying an individual or family plan
- You bought an individual or family plan on or after January 1, 2014
- You are with a small group employer (less than 51 employees) on or after January 1, 2014
- Note: Employer groups with "grandfathered" plans should use the Non-ACA Drug Search. Grandfathered plans are plans that are unchanged since the purchase date prior to the March 23, 2010 Affordable Care Act date.
Use the Non-ACA Drug Search if:
- You are a member of an employer group (51 or more employees)
- You have a "grandfathered" plan (a plan that is unchanged since it was purchased before the March 23, 2010 Affordable Care Act date)