Prescription Drug Search
Use our Drug Search tool to find out if your drug(s) are covered, what tier or category it falls under, if any care management criteria apply to a specific drug, and view information specific to the CareFirst formulary (drug list).
Note: Current members should log in to My Account for drug pricing information.
How do I determine which drug list applies to me?
Use the ACA Drug Search if:
- You are buying an individual or family plan
- You bought an individual or family plan on or after January 1, 2014
- You are with a small group employer (less than 51 employees) on or after January 1, 2014
- Note: Employer groups with "grandfathered" plans should use the Non-ACA Drug Search. Grandfathered plans are plans that are unchanged since the purchase date prior to the March 23, 2010 Affordable Care Act date.
Use the Non-ACA Drug Search if:
- You are a member of an employer group (51 or more employees)
- You have a "grandfathered" plan (a plan that is unchanged since it was purchased before the March 23, 2010 Affordable Care Act date)