Behavioral Health Care Coordination
CareFirst offers specialized services and programs when you need assistance related to depression, drug or alcohol dependence, stress, work-life balance or eating disorders.
Take the Call
You may receive a phone call from a behavioral health care coordinator (BHCC) who will provide confidential one-on-one support to help schedule appointments, explain treatment options, collaborate with doctors and identify additional resources.
These services are voluntary and confidential.
Through your behavioral health benefit, you also have access to one-on-one support from specialty-trained and licensed behavioral health care coordinators who can:
- Help you find the right behavioral health provider(s) for your individual needs
- Explain your treatment options
- Collaborate with your PCP
- Create an action plan tailored to your needs
- Find support groups and other resources so you can stay on track
- Set up appointments with mental health providers