Here are some tips to help you stay emotionally healthy:
- Try to be with other people and confide in someone. It is usually better than being alone and secretive.
- Do things that make you feel better. Going to a movie, gardening, or taking part in religious, social, or other activities may help. Doing something nice for someone else can also help you feel better.
- Get regular exercise and a good night’s sleep.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Let your family and friends help you.
adults have a co-occurring mental health and addiction disorder.*
* This document cites statistics provided by the National Institute of Mental Health. www.nimh.nih.gov