Looking for Your 1095-B Form? CareFirst Targets February Mail Date
Baltimore, MD (February 03, 2016) - A 1095-B tax form will be provided to those who had health care coverage through CareFirst in 2015 based on the following criteria:
- For individual members (those who purchase coverage directly though CareFirst), this form is being sent to any person who is fully insured under a policy issued by CareFirst that is not offered through a state or federal Exchange.
- For group members (those who purchase coverage through their employer), this form is being sent to any person who is fully insured under a policy issued by CareFirst. This form is not being sent to our members with self-insured policies where the employer is ultimately responsible for payment of member claims.
The form was required to be issued by January 31 along with your W-2. However, the IRS has given an extension to March 31, 2016 to send the required forms for the 2015 tax year. We anticipate the forms will be completed and mailed to your home by late February.
- You are not required to file this form with your income tax return. The IRS has indicated you may still file your taxes if you do not have the form.
- The form is informational only and we recommend that you retain with your tax returns.
- For more information on the 1095-B, please visit the IRS website.
If you do not receive your 1095-B by the end of February, please contact Customer Service at the number listed on the back of your member ID card or your employer’s benefit administrator. CareFirst is not able to provide tax advice and therefore any questions related to this document should be directed to your tax adviser.