Medical Frequently Asked Questions for Individual Members
Find out whether your drugs are covered by using our Drug Search page.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
PO Box 14114
Lexington, KY 40512-4116
Your written member appeal should include:
- Member name and ID number
- Provider name
- Date(s) of service
- Admission and discharge date (if applicable)
- A copy of the original Explanation of Benefits, voucher or bill
- Medical records (Emergency room records, X-rays, etc.)
- The purpose of the appeal
You can view additional information on the Claims Appeals page.
- Members who bought ACA Plans directly from CareFirst (off exchange): 855-444-3122
- Members who bought ACA Plans through an Exchange or Marketplace (on exchange): 855-444-3121
- Members with Grandfathered/Non-ACA* Plans: 800-722-2467
- Medigap Members: 800-722-2235
* Grandfathered coverage is coverage that was purchased prior to March 23rd, 2010, when the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act went into effect.