Submit a Claim
When you visit doctors, facilities and pharmacies who participate in CareFirst’s network (also called in-network providers) there is no need for you to submit a claim. However, if you choose to see an out-of-network provider, you’ll need to submit the claim form yourself. You can submit your claim either online or by mail.*
Submit Your Claim Form Online
Online claims are processed faster and you can conveniently submit them from your computer or mobile device. You’ll also be notified immediately when we receive your claim. To submit your claim online:
- Log in to My Account and select the Claims tab.
- Next, choose Submit a Claim Online.
- Enter the requested information about your claim and upload the required documents.
Print and Mail Your Claim Form
To print and mail your claim form, log in to My Account; choose the Plan Documents tab, then Forms. Next, select the appropriate form for your claim (medical, dental, etc.). To have a claim form mailed to you, call Member Services at the phone number on the back of your member ID card. Once you have your claim form:
- Complete and sign the form.
- Attach the required documentation.
- Mail everything to us according to the directions on the form.
* Pharmacy and vision out-of-network claims must be submitted using the paper claim form and by mail as described above.