Know Before You Go - Non-Hospital Facilities
Did you know where you choose to get lab work, X-rays and surgical procedures can have a big impact on your wallet? Typically, services performed in a non-hospital facility cost less than those performed in a hospital.
You can lower your costs by receiving lab tests at participating national laboratories rather than hospital-based locations.
- BlueChoice members should use LabCorp to save the most money and avoid extra costs.
- PPO members can use either LabCorp or Quest Diagnostics to save the most.
X-ray and imaging facilities
If you need X-rays or other imaging services, you will pay the least out-of-pocket when you visit a participating imaging center, like Advanced Radiology.
Non-hospital surgery centers (also called ambulatory surgery centers)
Many outpatient surgical procedures can be performed at a non-hospital surgery center. If you need outpatient surgery, discuss your options with your provider.
There are many benefits to an alternative infusion site of care, including:
- Reduced out-of-pocket costs with lower copays
- Added convenience for you to receive care in your home or at a safe and accredited infusion suite with flexible hours (including evening hours and weekends)
- Dedicated and skilled nurses
|Health Care Service||Non-Hospital Setting||Hospital Setting|
|$20||Deductible, then $100|
|X-rays||$40||Deductible, then $150|
|Outpatient Surgery||$100||Deductible, then $200|
|* The costs in the chart are for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect your specific benefits or costs. Deductible applies to HSA plans only.|
To determine your specific benefits and costs, or to search for providers, log in to My Account.
NOTE: The information provided is meant to be helpful when you are seeking care. It is not intended as medical advice. Only a medical provider can offer medical advice. The choice of provider or place to seek medical treatment belongs entirely to you.