Electronic Communications Terms & Conditions
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst) and our partners want to help you manage your healthcare information by offering you electronic communication.
Instead of paper delivery, you can receive email and/or text messages regarding your CareFirst healthcare coverage via computer, tablet or mobile phone. You can also access your benefits information by downloading the CareFirst mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
By agreeing to receive communications electronically, CareFirst and our partners will automatically send you alerts, reminders and information—including Explanation of Benefits (EOB) notifications, Health and Wellness news and other correspondence regarding your coverage.
Please note, you may change the way you want to receive information at any time. Log in to carefirst.com/myaccount or call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card. You can also request a paper copy of electronic notices by calling Customer Service.
I understand to access the information provided electronically via email, I must have the following:
- Internet access.
- An email account that allows me to send and receive emails and
- Current and last two prior releases of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox (desktop only) and Edge (desktop only).
I understand that by electing to receive notices via text messaging:
- I must have a text messaging plan with my cell phone provider.
- Message and data rates may apply.
- To stop delivery of text messages, I must text “STOP” to 43944 in response to the text message I receive from CareFirst.
- If I need help, I can text “HELP” to 43994 in response to the text message I receive from CareFirst.
I understand that to access the information provided electronically via the CareFirst mobile app, I must have:
- Internet access.
- Installed the CareFirst mobile app.
- Set the notifications settings for the CareFirst app on my device (phone or tablet) to on, if I want to receive push notifications and
· Logged in to My Account on the device at least once, using my User ID