Medication Therapy Management
Medication Therapy Management (MTM), is a free program designed to help you get the most benefit from your drugs. And, may also help you save money.
All CareFirst pharmacy members can use this program. Members who are taking several drugs, or members with chronic conditions, may benefit the most from this program.
Summary of Services
Through the MTM program, the following services are offered to you:
- Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR)
The MTM Pharmacist will help identify any duplication or conflicts with your medication profile, as well as help organize your medication schedule and may take between 30 minutes to an hour. Following a CMR, you will receive a Medication Action Plan and Personal Medication List.
- Prescriber Consultation
The MTM Pharmacist will speak with you and your doctor to correct any problems they find with your medications. This service may take between 5 to 15 minutes.
- Non-Prescription Consultation
Using non-prescription (over-the-counter) drugs rather than prescription drugs can save you time and money. Your MTM Pharmacist can help you determine which over-the-counter drugs will work for your condition. This service also takes between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Drug Information
When starting a new medication, your MTM Pharmacist will talk to you about its purpose, correct use and follow up with you to ensure you are not having any problems.
How to Use the MTM Program
- Click the link to find a MTM pharmacist near you.
- Call and schedule your review.
- Take all your medications with you to your CMR. That includes all non-prescription medicines, vitamins or supplements. It’s also a good idea to take a list of all medications you have used recently