Consumer Health Insurance Plans for 2014
For People Who Buy Their Own Insurance
Our new 2014 individual plans include core benefits defined by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Health Care Reform. In addition, all CareFirst plans feature a common set of benefits that go beyond ACA mandates, designed to help you manage your health-care needs and meet your wellness goals.
CareFirst Common Benefits
- Over 28,000 in-network providers
- No charge, no deductible for these in-network services:.
- Annual physicals and well-visits
- Cancer screenings
- OB/GYN visits and routine prenatal care
- Preventive Maternity Services
- No referrals needed to see a specialist
- 24/7 access to a registered nurse line
- Vision and dental coverage for dependents through age 19
- No charge, no deductible adult annual eye exam,* and discounts on vision products and services
- Over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide
- Exclusive discounts on wellness services—weight loss, fitness, massage therapy and more
- Away-From-Home Care in participating states.
- Some Blues plans offer policyholders living temporarily in other states the same coverage they have at home
Learn More About The Plans
Compare features, pricing, and coverage for each plan level. Click your jurisdiction to get started.
- 2014 Consumer Health Insurance Plans—District of Columbia
- 2014 Consumer Health Insurance Plans—Maryland
- 2014 Consumer Health Insurance Plans—Virginia
*Deductible applies to eye exams for those enrolled in the BlueChoice Young Adult plan in Maryland.