Maryland Point of Service (POS)
Note: The information below briefly describes important features about this health care program. It is not a contract. A detailed description of benefits is included in the Evidence of Coverage. Please refer to the Evidence of Coverage for specific terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.
Maryland Point of Service (POS) offers the best of managed care and traditional indemnity coverage in a single plan. The plan includes in- and out-of-network benefits. This plan is only available to groups.
- POS members select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) at time of enrollment.
- Receive the highest level of benefits when receiving care from Primary Care Physician (PCP), or as a result of a referral by the PCP.
- Many services do not require a PCP referral to obtain in-network benefits.
- Receive care outside of the network, from any provider, but pay a higher out-of-pocket cost.
- No referral needed for OB/GYN care, if you choose a preferred provider.
- No claim forms to file when using PCP or any participating provider.
- Statewide network of credentialed primary care physicians.
- More than 18,000 participating providers across the state.
- No-cost preventive services for children and adults
- Well-child care, including immunizations
- Routine gynecological care
- Routine adult physicals
- Chlamydia screening
- Prostate cancer screening
- Audio screening for newborns
- Osteoporosis prevention and treatment
- Colon cancer screening
- Inpatient hospital care
- Emergency care
- Maternity care
- Diagnostic tests and X-rays
- Physical therapy
- Home care and hospice care
- Doctor's office visits for illness
- Tier 1 - Generic copays offer the lowest cost to the member $
- Tier 2 - Copays for formulary/preferred brand name drugs are higher than for generic drugs $$
- Tier 3 - Copays for nonformulary/nonpreferred brand name drugs have the highest level of copay $$$
Plans typically have some member out-of-pocket costs in the form of copayments, coinsurance, deductibles or annual maximums. Please refer;to the Evidence of Coverage;for more information.
- Traditional Dental
- Preferred (PPO) Dental
- BlueVision Plus
For more information about this plan, contact our Member Services Department at the phone number on your member ID card.