Note: The information below briefly describes important features about this health care program. It is not a contract. A detailed description of benefits is included in the Evidence of Coverage. Please refer to the Evidence of Coverage for specific terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.
BlueVision Plus is offered as an added benefit on most CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and CareFirst BlueChoice group medical plans. However, this plan is not currently available for purchase for members with individual medical coverage. These members may purchase our BlueVision plan.
For a nominal additional premium, BlueVision Plus members receive an extended vision benefit that includes an eye examination (including dilation) and the opportunity to receive one pair of eye glasses or a supply of contact lenses during each benefit period.
The BlueVision Plus vision plan is administered by Davis Vision, Inc., a national provider of vision care services.
- Routine eye examination at any Davis Vision participating location
- Complete coverage for lenses and frames when choosing from Davis Vision's "Exclusive Collection" of frames (approximately 270 frames)
- Allowance for non-Davis frames
- Complete coverage for contact lenses when choosing from contact lenses provided by Davis Vision (in lieu of eyeglasses)
- Discounts on laser eye surgery (Click here for more information).
- Discounts on lens treatments such as scratch resistant coating, and progressive lenses
- Out-of-network benefits offering complete freedom of choice to select any vision care provider in U.S.
- Large regional and national network of optometrists, ophthalmologists and opticians
- No claim form to file when using a Davis Vision provider
How to Access Care In-Network:
- Members can locate a Davis Vision provider online through Find a Provider, refer to their printed directory or contact Davis Vision at 800-783-5602
- Members make an appointment with their vision provider and give them their CareFirst coverage information.
- Members pay the copayment for the eye examination. (Some options do not require a copayment; members will need to consult their Evidence of Coverage manual)
- Members pay nothing if they choose from the Davis Vision "Exclusive Collection" frames with standard lenses.
- If members choose frames other than "Exclusive Collection," they pay a discounted price.
- Members do not have claim forms to file.
How to Access Care Out-of-Network:
- Members can choose an out-of-network provider, but they may be required to pay the entire amount at the time services are rendered.
- For reimbursement up to the limits of the vision plan, members will need to submit a claim form to Davis Vision. The claim form will be located on the CareFirst Members Forms page once the plan is effective.
For more information about this plan, contact our Member Services Department at the phone number on your member ID card