Note: The information below briefly describes important features about this health care program. It is not a contract. A detailed description of benefits is included in the Evidence of Coverage. Please refer to the Evidence of Coverage for specific terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions
Is the vision plan included in most of the CareFirst BlueChoice and BluePreferred medical plans.
Is the vision plan available for purchase for members of the Personal Comp and Medigap medical plans.
Is administered by Davis Vision, Inc., a national provider of vision care services.
BlueVision provides a routine vision examination (including dilation) once per benefit period for a $10 copay when visiting a participating Davis Vision provider. Davis also offers discounts on frames and eyeglass lenses or contact lenses, and laser vision correction surgery.
- One copayment for routine eye examination at any Davis Vision participating location
- Discounts on eyeglass lenses, frames and contact lenses
- Discounts on laser vision correction
- Discounts on lens treatments such as scratch resistant coating, and progressive lenses
- No claims to file if using a participating provider
- Large regional and national network of optometrists, ophthalmologists and opticians
How to Access Care In-Network:
- Members can locate a Davis Vision provider online through Find a Provider, refer to their printed directory or contact Davis Vision at 800-783-5602
- Members make an appointment with a Davis Vision provider and give them their CareFirst coverage information.
- Members pay the copayment for the eye examination.
- Members pay the discounted prices for eyeglass lenses and frames or contact lenses.
- There is no claim to file.
How to Access Care Out-of-Network:
Out-of-Network care varies according to plan. Some plans allow out-of-network care while others do not. Members should refer to their Evidence of Coverage to learn details of coverage.
To learn more about Davis Vision, click here.
For more information about this plan, contact our Member Services Department at the phone number on your member ID card