Students and Graduates
We are always looking for top talent to join our team! College students and recent graduates will find a broad selection of entry level and internship opportunities listed on our website.
Recent College Grads
Recent college graduates will find a broad selection of positions listed on our website.
We are always looking for:
- Accounting Professionals
- Business Analysts
- Claims Processing Representatives
- Customer Service Representatives
- Finance Professionals
- Marketing Professionals
- Sales Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Program Technical
- Data and Goverance Stewardship
- Application Integration Specialist
- Health Informatics
- Sales Assistants
How do I find out about your positions?
- All of our positions are posted on our careers website.
- We always post with college career centers.
- We attend numerous career fairs and employer events throughout the year.
As a CareFirst intern, you will gain real life work opportunities! We value the input from our interns and are eager to listen to their suggestions. Our interns are fully engaged in the day to day deliverables of the business. They are expected to help make a positive impact on corporate and strategic initiatives. Typical internships are in the following divisions:
- Actuarial Services
- Strategic Marketing & Sales
- Information Technology/Techinical Operations Services (TOS)
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Human Resources
- Office of the CEO
All interns receive ongoing mentorship and training throughout their program. Mentors and business owners will help you indentify your project goals and give advice and guidance on your professional development. Our interns also have the opportunity to:
- Apply academic knowledge and gain real life work experience
- Meet and work with key business partners
- Learn from experts
- Develop professional relationships
- Test a potential career path and create a plan for your new career possibilities
- Gain a competitive edge
- Put your education into action - showcase your talents
Graduate Development Program
In June 2011 CareFirst BCBS rolled out its first pilot Graduate Development Program. The CareFirst Graduate Development Program (CFGDP) is designed to recruit and develop a talented and diverse group of high potential candidates who will serve as a pipeline of future business leaders. The Master's Candidates (MC) will take part in three - 6 month rotations throughout key business area of the company. Typical rotations may include the following divisions:
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Technical and Operational Services
- Public Policy and Community Affairs
- Medical Management
- Operational ASU's (Administrative Service Unit)
The Program gives our participants or GDP participants the ability to learn the basics of the business and to apply their academic experience in our competitive environment. The MC's will develop strong leadership capabilities and form a group of professionals who are prepared to meet the rapidly expanding and evolving management and leadership needs. The program will also provide:
- The opportunity for accelerated learning
- Classroom training
- Pairing with seasoned management
- Mentoring with Executives
- Exposure to top leadership within the organization
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.