Select Vision provides coverage for routine eye exams and preventive care, plus the freedom of choice to select any licensed vision care provider in the U.S.
- Complete freedom to choose any opthalmologist, optometrist or optician.
- No claims to file if using a participating provider.
- Coverage for comprehensive vision exams.
- Coverage for lenses and frames.
- Coverage for contact lenses.
How to Access Care
- Locate a participating provider through the printed directory or contact for assistance.
- Show the CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield card to a participating provider at time of service.
- Routine eye exams will be covered in full.
- Your plan will pay a portion of the cost for frames and lenses, or contact lenses.
- The participating provider will bill CareFirst and they will be paid directly for their services.
- There are no claims to file.
However, if a non-participating provider is selected, the member must pay the provider. CareFirst will reimburse the member up to the limits of the vision plan after the time of service.
For more information about this plan, contact our Member Services Department at the phone number on your member ID card.