CareFirst Code of Ethical Business Conduct and Compliance
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is committed to the highest standards of business ethics and integrity as well as strict observance and compliance with the laws and regulations governing its business operations.
Our Code of Ethical Business Conduct and Compliance is the foundation for the Compliance & Ethics program. It sets the performance standard for ethical business practices for all of our associates, board members, and business partners.
The Code is our guidebook for living our values.
Our Values serve as the pathway for all we do. They guide our Company’s dedication to maximizing our community’s access to high quality, cost effective health care services.
- We see ourselves through the eyes of our customers.
- We deliver services that anticipate our customers’ needs.
- We act with unquestionable ethics.
- We communicate openly, directly, and timely.
Personal Accountability for Excellence
- We take individual ownership for achieving high performance.
- We demonstrate a bias for action.
One Company, One Team
- We align our decisions and actions for the greater good.
- We collaborate and support others to achieve results.
- We demonstrate leadership in our markets, our communities, and the health care industry.
- We each set an example of high ethical standards in performing our duties.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield has a separate Code for its vendor/contractor relationships: The Contractor Code of Ethical Business Conduct and Compliance.
Viewing and printing this document requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free from the Adobe site.